Monday, August 14, 2006

Well?

Well feeling pretty slow today, little boy called time who's in my head playing around wih my memories...

I remember being really tall last night (Tom had me on his shoulders)

I remember a girl from California (She lost her friends)

I remember holding Grace's hand and walking down the street (We we're boyfriend and girlfriend)

I remember watching a pretty girl sing beautifully on stage (Her name is Kate)

I remember the smell of wet stone (Smells like that when it rains)

I remember tea for two at 2am (We're not gonna lie)

I remember a gentle embrace (It is like poetry)

I remember His hands on the piano playing 'Spunky' (He learnt it for me)

I remember listening to a guitar and playing on a bed (Before we all went out)

I remember making breakfast in the morning (A fry-up for Aussies)

I remember bottle of a rioja till 7am (we were telling stories)

I remember finding out who we both knew (sitting in the pear tree)

I remember a panic attack (Thought might not wake up)

I remember her singing 'me and a gun' (she said she couldn't unless she was drunk or high)

I remember being tipped five american dollars (She's insane)

I remember kisses (Spin the bottle is a silly game)

I remember her burnt finger (It took away all her sense of cool)

I remember beautiful photos (I was looking through his pholio)

I remember pate and cheese in the meadows (Sunday socials)

I remember a long table of friends, food and wine (It was her birthday)

I remember sitting on a couch working out there is a problem with her liver (Reflexology)

I remember her crying and hugging me (she read a letter)

I remember the feeling five seconds ago of how the heat of hands and tears and kisses and tea, the chill of rain and windows and wine and breath evaporate in a second and mostly the only proof is a memory...

Let's play a game...

What do you remember about me?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The first time I ever saw Leigh mosh to music- Killing heidi 'wier' in the year 11 common room.

a sword sticking 'into' his chest as he spat red food dye onto the pavement outside 333 collins street during office hours, I still can't understand why the security guard asked us to move on...

Swimming trials on the cottage floor at some ungodly hour of the morning...Thorpy won

Drunken dreams of melting horses lying in someone elses futon

Suddenly getting up from the cafe table stating firmly 'I can't do this any more', then retiring to the front seat of the car to sleep.

"why would they turn around, I haven't done anything wrong. It's not as though I'm drunk driving. They wouldn't turn around, of course not, no..." mmmm the monster mash.

the northern star in Port Fairy... don't go there

South America... don't go there!

A simple little white scuffed and bend piece of paper, a gift to a boy who's never seen a shooting star.

There is more... well a lot more, but i tire of this game

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 7:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday....
Too much to write it all, but...

"It's just Cookie Dough and Olives from now on", a picnic long ago

Being kidnapped...

Handcuffs at an Ivanhoe party (long long ago)

Running away from Keith to enjoy Guinness and poems and home made books

A call on a sunny winter morning, not so long ago, when I should have been working, and you said "just shut up and don't say anything...I have three things I need to say..."

Being fireman carried through the streets of Fitzroy

Arms at the airport...

(oh, now I miss you more than before. Bangkok is hot and crazy. See you tomorrow night, xoxo)

Saturday, August 19, 2006 10:54:00 PM  
Blogger Djali said...

I remember that it is your birthday today.

Happy Birthday Leigh.

Don't forget to have a few drinks for me too.

*Clink-Clink*

xx

Sunday, August 20, 2006 3:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home